An ECommerce website allows a business owner to sell products online. This may be a physical or digital product.
The type of shopping cart chosen will depend on the requirements of the business.
Professionally designed and created, our ECommerce Websites are designed to allow a business to sell their physical or digital products online.
An ECommerce site has several discrete components, and two of the most important components are:
- The Shopping Cart – the software that allows a business to display and manage products, shipping, discounts or special offers
- Payment Processing – how to receive money from purchasers
There are many options available to a business in terms of Shopping Cart and Payment Processing solutions – and each one differs in terms of functionality, ease of use and cost. When we create an ECommerce website, we work closely with the client to determine which Shopping Cart and Payment Processing solution will best meet their immediate needs, whilst providing an expansion path for the future.
Our ECommerce websites:
- Are created in WordPress making it extremely easy for Site Owners to update and add new content
- Use professional, premium themes (Woo Themes, StudioPress or the very popular Optimize Press) that are customizable to your specific requirements
- Include a Contact Page, complete with Google Map (ideal for businesses with a fixed location)
- Are optimized for Search Engines to get your website listed quickly, and start ranking higher in the Search Engine Results for your chosen search terms.
- Use Standard Plugins: Every site we build uses a series of standard plugins to ensure the best possible visitor experience and that the site is configured for Search Engine Optimization.
- Utilize a Shopping Cart that best meets the businesses requirements, whilst providing a migration path for the future.
Shopping Cart Solution
Depending on your businesses requirements, the shopping cart solution chosen may reside on your website or it may be a standalone, 3rd party solution.
We do not believe that there is a “one size fits all” ECommerce solution for businesses. Each business will have unique requirements that need to be considered before recommending a final solution.
This is a customized package for your business.
We will work with you to determine the best Shopping Cart and Payment Processing solution for your business before any work commences. The selection of the Shopping Cart and Payment Processing solution will depend on:
- The type of products your business wants to sell online (physical, digital)
- The type of payments you wish to offer – one off payments, payment plans, subscription or recurring payments
- Upsells or other ‘add to cart’ type functionality
- Shipping / postage requirements
- Integration with an email marketing tool
- Affiliate program integration
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of the requirements for the selection of a ECommerce system.
Our ECommerce Websites are designed to extend the other websites we create for our customers and can be extended with one of our ongoing maintenance and support packages for full piece of mind.